5 Class Projects
It takes about 1~4 hours to complete one class project.
Three Mice in a Cup
Cat with a Fish
Skills You’ll Learn
Understanding & Learning Maya's Interface
Learn all the basic tools and functions in Maya.
Learn the basic skills of 3D modeling.
Creating Cute Characters
Learn how to create cute 3D characters with Maya.
Rendering & Lighting
Learn how to apply texture and light to your work.
Creating Your Own Character
Learn how to create your own 3D character.
Learn how to improve your work after rendering.
Create Your Own Cute 3D Characters
Create cute 3d characters with Maya! In this class you will learn how to create your own unique characters using Maya from the very start to the end.
3D is the Trend!
3D has become a trend that you can see 3D designs anywhere. However, there are not many places to learn 3D. Most of the classes are for intermediates that the beginners often find intimidated to begin.
Anyone Can Design with Maya!
This class is for absolute beginners who have not used Maya before. With simple and fun exercises, you will find 3D design rather exciting.
Learn All About Maya in Step by Step
Maya is a 3D computer Graphic Application which is used in video games, animation, TV, or film industries. Therefore, this class will be a great opportunity for those who are looking forward to learn or work in such industries.
STEP 1. Basics of Modeling
Learn the basics of 3D modeling with simple shapes like cubes, rectangles, and triangles. In the future, you will be able to turn simple shapes into complex, high-polygon designs.
STEP 2. Texturing & Shading
Using Shader, learn how to apply different textures to your characters.
STEP 3. Lighting
Learn how to set up three point lighting - key, fill, and rim light. Skillful lighting will give more definition to your design.
STEP 4. Rendering
Learn how to give contrast and texture to your design.
Have Fun with 3D!
With my 10 years of experience and know-hows of designing 3D, you will be able to learn all the detailed information about 3D.
1. Welcome to My 3D Class
2. Hello, I'm Animator Nam
3. All About Maya
Introduction to Maya
1. What is Maya?
2. Interface Overview
3. Basic Tools in Maya
4. Let's Practice with Simple Shapes
5. Additional Functions (Tool Setting, Axis Orientation, Snap)
1. What is Polygon Modeling?
2. Basic Modeling (Connect / Extrude)
3. Practice Basic Modeling 1 (Fish)
4. Practice Basic Modeling 2 (Banana)
5. Additional Functions (Fill hole, Delete Component, Extrude, Transform)
Getting Used to the Tools
1. Shaping & Positioning (History / Freeze / Pivot / Snap)
2. Duplicate Options (Duplicate special / Instance)
3. What is Smooth Mode?
4. Modeling a Caterpillar (Try Smooth Mode Modeling)
5. Modeling a Butterfly (Duplicate / Combine / Separate)
6. Apply Color with Hypershade
7. Modeling a Chicken Family
Create 3 Mice
1. Cup Modeling
2. Modeling 3 Mice (Duplicate Special)
Rendering and Lighting
1. Rendering Basics
2. 3 Point Lighting
3. Arnold Lighting
4. Arnold Shader
5. Final Rendering
Create a Cat
1. Modeling a Cat 1 - (Head)
2. Modeling a Cat 1 - (Body)
3. Modeling a Fish
4. Finalize Modeling
6. UV Mapping
7. Apply Texture with Hypershade
8. Fall Off
1. Human character modeling using character design 1 (Head)
2. Human character modeling using character design 2 (Upper Body)
3. Human character modeling using character design 3 (Lower Body)
4. Props Modeling 1 (Laptop, Bag)
5. Props Modeling 2 (Tumblr, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Camera, Earphone)
6. Props Modeling 3 (Cellphone, Wallet, Notebook, Pen, Game console)
7. Arrangement, Organize UV
8. Rendering After Applying Arnold and Light
1. Adding Background
I'm Animator Nam!
I participated in various 3D video projects such as movies, animations, advertisements, and games, and have won awards at domestic and foreign film festivals by producing short animations. I have been a part time professor of animation major and lecturer targeting youth groups for many years.
Currently, I am working alone as a 3D animation writer instead of as a team to make my own work instead of doing work for hire. I figured I should focus on that while I'm still young.
I feel the most joy when I'm working on animation. And even now, there are many tasks that make my heart race just thinking about them. The reason why I have been giving lectures or classes has been because I want more people to know this joy.
I prepared for this class with the same mind. I hope more people will discover this fun and sympathize together. And I'll continue to be with you to help create better works!
Notes on the 🌍 badge
Q: What does the 🌍 badge mean?
A: It means all of the class content (i.e. notes and subtitles) will be translated from Korean into English by our state-of-the-art AI translation engine!
- This engine will help you meet some of the very best K-Creators from CLASS101 faster and at a lower price 🙌
- 1:1 feedback is not guaranteed, a factor that will be taken into consideration with the eventual pricing.