With Adobe After Effects and Adobe Animate
8 Class Projects
It takes about 1~10 hours to complete one class project.
Creating Animation Thumbnail, Storyboard
Designing Your Character, Background and Other Assets
Character Rigging for Animation
Convey Emotion with Animation
Animating that Amplifies Expressions
Creating Your Animation
Creating Depth of Field with Camera
Skills You’ll Learn
Storyboard Terms and Usage
Build a framework
Design Your Character, Background and Other Visual Assets
Learn how to use and develop your unique visual expression
Character Rigging for Animation
Start building the digital sculpture, skeleton for a quicker and easier animation work
Convey Emotion with Animation
Learn character acting
Create Your Animation
See the overall animation creating process
Opening and Ending Sequence
Create memorable opening and ending sequences so that you can have a full animation work with your name on it.
Anyone can create animation without in-depth knowledge or skills necessarily
I will go through the entire process you need to know to create a short 30secs animation which includes 7 shorts. I will also come up with new storyboard ideas to create a new work when you work on making yours.
Learn how I work on my animation as an experienced Animator, and follow the process step by step. I still encounter unexpected difficulties and find useful tips when creating a new work even with my 10 years of experience. This is why I'm also going to create a new work with you in my class.
This Class is For
Anyone can create animation without in-depth knowledge or skills necessarily. In this class, you'll find useful yet easy to follow tips that you need to create your animation. If you ever wanted to make your own unique animation work, learn how the entire process and useful skills, this will be a perfect class for you.
I will go through the entire process you need to create a short 30secs animation which includes 7 shorts. I will also come up with new storyboard ideas to create a new work while you're working on making yours. Learn how I work as an experienced Animator, and follow the process step by step. I still encounter unexpected difficulties and find useful tips when creating a new work even with my 10 years of experience. This is why I'm also going to create a new work and show it to you in the class.
Creating a storyboard is crucial in making animation. Learn how to build your storyboard that you can use in any type of video work. Further your skills by making a draft based on the effects you designed on the storyboard.
Character and Background Design
Design your character and background with the finalized storyboard. We are going to use Photoshop but only some simple functions so don't worry if you're not too familiar with the program.
Learn Practical Skills and Tips that You Actually Will Need
Once you have the overall flow set, start working on each cut. You will learn how to design the background, and basic character movement such as walking, running, and moving their heads. These are not too complicated but you'll be using them a lot in any animation work. You can also apply these to come up with new motion designs.
Camera Walk and Creating Depth in the Shot
Learn how to give depth in the work and adjust color palette using After Effects camera and lighting. I will help you understand depth in your work easily.
Finalize Your Work
Create opening and ending sequences so that you can have a full animation work with your name on it. You will also learn how to add, edit, and pick the right music for your work.
This class will cover the entire process you need to know to create your animation, which is the essence of what I learned in school. You'll find the graphic tool skills and tips you'll learn from the class helpful because you can apply it to many different fields. I hope you enjoy each step in the process and find what you truly like!
A-Z of Creating a 2.5D Cutout Animation
1. Meet Your Instructor: Sohee
2. What is a 2.5D Cutout Animation?
3. Introduction to the Course & Materials
Continuity and Storyboard
1. Story Idea and Continuity
2. Starting Off: Storyboard Terms and Usage
3. Creating a Draft with Cuts in Your Storyboard
Outlining the Overall Atmosphere of Your Work
1. Learning Photoshop Panel Settings for Quicker Drafting
2. Making Color Board Using Photoshop
3. Character Design with Shape Tool
Designing Characters, Background, and Other Elements
1. Creating an Animation Character with Pen Tool
2. Utilizing Blending and Brush Tool
3. Designing Background and Other Elements Using Clipping Mask
Useful Character Actions in Animation Vol.01
1. After Effects Panel Setting and Character Setting
2. Walk Cycle Animation with Loop Expression
3. Animating Eyes - Blinking and Movement
Useful Character Actions in Animation Vol.02
1. Making Your Character Talk: Lip Sync Animation
2. Character Animation and FX Sound Effect for Smooth Movement
3. Motion Blur and Camera Application that Amplify Motion
Creating Your Own Animation Vol. 01
1. Effects and Skills You Will Use Often
2. Creating Depth with Camera Walk and Perspective
3. Creating Shadow with Light
Creating Your Own Animation Vol. 02
1. Animation production process <Work Process Flow> part.01
2. Animation production process <Work Process Flow> part.02
3. 2D Effect Using Plugins
4. [Tip] Animation Composer
Finalizing Your Work
1. Creating Opening /Ending Sequences and Credits
2. 2. Animation Sound Design Using Sound Effects
Congratulations on Completing the Course!
1. [Bonus] Sending Your Work to Animation Festivals!
2. Final Words
Hello everyone, my name is Sohee, and I am an Animator with 10 years of experience. I studied Classical Animation at Vancouver Film School, worked as a 2D animator at Disney. I've also worked with Naver Line, one of the popular apps in Korea and Japan, trailer for numerous webcomics and collaborated with IU on creating her concert video. My works were featured in various film festivals as well.
I started working as an animator because I enjoy making everyday objects alive, and it's been 10 years. There's something special about animation compared to taking pictures and keeping journals. I can deliver more stories and narratives that I can't easily convey. I would like to share this joy with you all.
Notes on the 🌍 badge
Q: What does the 🌍 badge mean?
A: It means all of the class content (i.e. notes and subtitles) will be translated from Korean into English by our state-of-the-art AI translation engine!
- This engine will help you meet some of the very best K-Creators from CLASS101 faster and at a lower price 🙌
- 1:1 feedback is not guaranteed, a factor that will be taken into consideration with the eventual pricing.