Using a blender
4 Class Projects
It takes about 1 to 3 hours to complete one class project.
Animation and Blender tips
Skills You’ll Learn
Blender installation and basic operation
Let's learn how to install Blender, how to set it up, and learn the basic interface and operation method.
Learn how to model
Learn basic modeling methods using Blender's features.
Let's use copy and scale to arrange objects in a variety of ways.
Materials are used to color, and in some cases, paint.
Render settings and renders
Render after installing the camera and lighting.
Nominations and finalization
Finalize with noise removal and additional correction in some cases.
Adding an animation
Add animation to a static background that will add vitality.
Various tips and an introduction to addons
Here are some features, study methods, and add-ons that I definitely want to tell you about.
Student benefits! Blender example files provided
▶ ︎ Blender example files are provided in every detailed lesson
Are you new to Blender and worried about whether you'll be able to follow along? I will explain in detail so that even beginners can complete the example without difficulty.
So that you can use it when there is still a blockage Blender source files in every detailed lessonIt provides. I am Files that have been informed have been appliedIt's.
Download the Blender file Compare it with your work or use it directly in the work you are creatingTry it.
3D design that brings imagination to life
Have you ever seen a heart-rending scene while watching a movie or game? If you use a blender, you can make your own.
It's OK even if you're new to 3D art. I also originally created 3D backgrounds by hand painting Self-taught Blender because I wanted to try low-poly artI started doing it, but it's easier to use than any other tool I used originally.
However, when I was learning, I didn't have many videos to refer to, so there was trial and error. For people like me A guide that reduces trial and errorI want to be!
[Sample video] “3D Almot” also becomes a designer!
I'll make anything on a rhombus
In my class It uses isometric perspective. Isometric means that the angles of the three axes are equal to 120 degrees, as shown in the photo.
There is no vanishing point Create a scene viewed from top to bottomIt does, and since there is no vanishing point, the object The size is the same even if the match is far from the camera.
Thanks to these characteristics, I want to show the scene on the rhombus It can be concisely designed and expressed in a single image. I would recommend this composition to anyone who is new to 3D background design.
3 works in low poly style
I'll try to complete it
With me in this class Complete 3 backgrounds togetherI'll do it. Apply a low-poly style with a cute feel by representing the surface of the object as a polygon.
- Abandoned temple
Complete them in the order above In the second half, use the advanced Blender function I created a curriculum that adds detail and effects to the work.
If you master the essential functions over and over in the process of creating 3 works, you won't have to watch class videos later I guarantee you'll be able to create a great scene according to your styleI will.
My class is like this
1. Basic uses of Blender
Learn how to operate and control Blender. Blender Very easy to work with shortcutsIt's supposed to be. I will focus on that part.
- Change screen controls and interfaces
- The basic way to move an object
- How to control the center point
2. How to model and how to give detail
As a basic function Model an objectand through additional editing tools How to add detail to objectsLearn about.
- Create an object and create the desired shape in edit mode
- Use bevels, extrudes, etc., to add detail
- Make work easier by installing additional add-ons
3. How to add color and texture to 3D models
Starting with how to give color with BSDF materials, you'll also learn how to paint. How to give a texture like roughness and metallicityI also included it.
- Try applying basic materials
- Try painting colors and textures with texture painting
- Using Material Nodes to Create Glowing Materials
4. How to set rendering settings and candidate selection
Learn how to set up everything from a basic eevee renderer to a cycle renderer by placing lights and cameras, and learn how to select candidates for finishing work.
- Installing isometric and perspective cameras
- Change the mood of your work with lighting and background
- Adding denoising and other effects to renderings and results
5. How to give a simple animation
on a static background Add animations that add lifeI'll try it.
- Animate water and wind with Force Field
- Animate by moving objects directly
- Camera animation cycle
Why is it good to learn with Blender?
Did you work around with various tools from modeling to rendering? Use only one blenderEven if you do, you can design the background without difficulty.
If you learn Blender, it's not just the background 3D printing, figure making, game concept art, illustration, package design or presentation materialsIt can also be used in
[Why should I learn with Blender?]
- The first one, It has the advantage of being a free tool. There is a high price barrier to getting started with paid programs.
- Second, The program is lightweight. Other 3D programs are often large and take a long time.
- Third, Great tool for low-poly artIt's. In terms of creating low-poly art, I feel it's better than paid tools.
User Guide - Blender 2.91
- I use the 2.9 version of Blender, a free 3D graphics tool.
- Currently, the latest version is 3.x, and the UI and shortcuts are not much different from 2.9 used in the course, so you can use 3.x or higher.
- You can download the latest version of Blender directly from our website.
- You can download previous versions of Blender from Blender's official library.
- Details can be found in the course notes within the curriculum.
From now on, whatever you want
You'll be able to make anything!
Don't you like isometric designs? I'll show you how to set up the camera. Find multiple compositions you like in one result.
Want to rearrange a different background in your own style? The way to create masterpieces is no different. 2D backgrounds are also in 3D using techniques learned in class You can make it.
Everything from beginning to end Fun created according to your styleI would like to share
Learn the basic interface and operation of Blender
Bonus chapter - a feature for more complete tasks
Congratulations on your stubbornness
I'm Yang Joon, a 3D background artist.
I originally created casual backgrounds by hand painting, and I also created semi-realistic backgrounds using texturing tools such as Substance Designer.
However, I had a desire to create a low-poly feel on the other hand, so I decided to try Blender later.
I vaguely thought that Blender would be difficult to adapt to, but when I tried it, I was able to adapt faster than I thought, and now I use it faster and more comfortably than the tools I used before.
If you are a beginner in Blender and want to try isometric view design, you will be able to create the works you want after taking the course!