Skills You’ll Learn
Pencil line and pen line sketching practice
How to paint watercolor
Light and Shadow
Learning about light and shadow
Splattering, masking fluid, wet on wet, wet on dry, scratching, salting techniques
Do you think watercolor painting is difficult? How is it different from oil painting? Have you ever wanted to paint watercolor like a professional painter? Yes, you can do it. Just start.
This course will show you the basics of sketch a pencil drawing, how to control the water on watercolor paper, how to mix the colors. I will show you how to paint WET ON WET and WET ON DRY techniques in watercolor for tutorial step by step. We will see the difference of each working process. Also I would like to show you how to express with minimal understated coloring. How to color moderately on the limited part, for example on parasols or flowers...to emphasize the pen sketch. This style is different from traditional watercolor painting techniques.
This course is for people who want to paint with ease no matter where they live in the world. We will try to help anyone who wants to paint watercolor like a professional painter. It's a good beginner class for people who have never experienced painting or for intermediate students looking to get back to the basics. You don't need be afraid of starting. This course will be a strong supporter for you and dispel your fears. Just start. Most important thing is practice...practice...
By the end of this course you will have a greater understanding and skills in pencil drawing, controlling water, and mixing colors. When you are traveling with your family and friends you can sketch the scenery of nature with confidence. Then you can find your life more enriched and happy. Also, you can draw whatever you want to express anytime, anywhere.
1. Meet Your Instructor: Paintinghyun!
2. Introduction to the Course
Sketch and Shading Subjects
1. Pencil Line-Practice: Draw trees using these lines
2. Pen Line-Practice: Learn one and two points perspective
3. Watercolor Line and Shading- Leaf : Learn color gradation
4. Sketch and Shading Flowers -Tulip
How to Paint Watercolor
1. House and Flowers –Pencil sketch, watercolor with pen
2. Cone Flowers (1) -Sketch and how to use masking fluid
3. Cone Flowers (2)- How to get abstract effect on background
4. Cone Flowers (3)- Coloring on flower after taking away masking fluid
How to Control Water on the Paper
1. Learn Wet on Dry technique
2. Learn Wet on Wet technique
3. Bougainvillea in watercolor (1)
4. Bougainvillea in watercolor (2)
Learning About Light and Shadow
1. Small flower pot- Sketch and coloring with watercolor
2. Window and Flowers with light and shadow (1)
3. Window and Flowers with light and shadow (2)
4. Flowers with awning (1)
5. Flowers with awning (2)
How to Mix and Control Watercolors
1. Wild Flowers in Field (1) : How to use salt and masking fluid for background
2. Wild Flowers in Field (2) : How to use salt for background
Learning Other Watercolor Techniques (Painting Flowers)
1. Use many techniques (Splattering, masking fluid, Wet on Wet, Wet on Dry etc.)
2. Scratching, salting, etc.
Let’s Try Your Own Style
1. Bougainvillea and Cozy house (1)
2. Bougainvillea and Cozy house (2)
1. Congratulations on finishing the class
I am Paintinghyun currently a full-time artist from America. I have been painting for over 30 years with watercolor, acrylic, and oil painting. I have had 18 individual exhibitions of my paintings all over the world. Also I have taught students for a long time at culture centers and also individual classes. I really enjoy helping people understand the process of drawing and applying it to their own unique drawing style.