Skills You’ll Learn
Learn how to use professional cameras.
Finding Good Location
Learn how to find a good location with good lighting.
How to Pose Your Subject
Learn how to interact with the model and direct the pose.
Learn how to put everything together to create beautiful portraits
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Are you an aspiring photographer interested in making your models not just look amazing but feel absolutely fabulous? I'm a professional photographer that specializes in working with the everyday woman and helping them transform the way they see their beauty. Let me show you how I take even the shyest of people to help them feel comfortable and confident in front of my camera. I'll go over the whole process from educating, to planning, to directing them, I'll help you take your photography to the next level.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This course is for anyone and everyone who has their passion for taking better photos. If you want to have confidence going into any shoot, knowing you're going to make whoever it feels like a million bucks, this class is for you.
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of photography, from the very basics of a camera to all the knowhows of communicating and posing your models to have their best shot. You will learn the key points to go over with your models before their shoot and the fundamentals of posing and guiding your clients.
1. Meet your instructor: David Suh
2. Introduction to the course
1. Portrait Photography Philosophy (Portraits to bring out your confidence)
2. The 5 Important Elements to Portraits & Why they're important
3. Class Exercise: Creating a Moodboard
1. Phone vs Digital Camera
2. Learning about ISO, Shutter Speed, & F-Stop
3. Different Types of Lenses & How to Use Them
Location and lighting
1. Simple or Elaborate Backgrounds?
2. How to get Creative with Lighting
3. Class Exercise: Take a Walk with Me
Posing & Communicating with Your Models
1. Posing Fundamentals
2. Posing Feminine
3. Posing Masculine
4. How to Communicate with Your Models to make them feel comfortable
Putting Everything Together
1. Watch me do a Photoshoot!
2. Reviewing the Images
1. Editing Philosophy
2. Editing on your phone vs computer and app overview
3. How I edit my photos
1. Why self-portraits are important
2. How to setup a photoshoot for yourself
3. A mock self portrait shoot with me
1. Congratulations on completing the course, what's next?
I'm David Suh, a full-time portrait photographer that specializes in working with the everyday woman.
I realized early in my photography journey that camera and photo technique is just one small part of creating a beautiful portrait for someone - especially women. In Highschool, I would constantly hear my girl friends and sister say things like "David, can you untag me from that photo because I look too fat" - they were size 2.
With that, I've learned in the 7 years how to work with clients as an introvert and how to create a space that makes them feel empowered. Beyond my photography, I took my knowledge to TikTok where I've helped many photographers and everyday people find confidence with photography so here I am to make an extensive course!