Skills You’ll Learn
Basic anatomy tips for portraits
Choosing colours that look good together
Creating Own Style
Coming up with an idea and developing your style
Painting a portrait in watercolour
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Learn how to go from a simple idea to an engaging portrait of a captivating character with a gaze penetrating deep into your soul. I will teach you everything I know about watercolor, to help you get a better grasp of the medium, as well as how to give your painting that extra little something by adding final details with glitter. By the end of the course you will be better equipped to create a whimsical and emotive portrait by seeing beauty in darkness.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is for anyone who appreciates both creepy and cute! It is for anyone who wants to create lively portraits of their characters, through the wonderful medium of watercolor. I will help you build from a simple idea, give you tips on how to better notice and fix your own mistakes, how to add final details and making your character pop by adding accessories.
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
By the end of the course, you will know the anatomy of a face and how to stylize facial features to fit your own style. You will learn how to better control watercolor, and know when to let the watercolor control you, so you can create both interesting watercolor effects and smooth gradients. My goal is to give you the building blocks to keep improving your work after the course is done.
1. Meet Your Instructor: Likrot
2. Introduction to the course
3. Introduction to Watercolor Portraiture
1. Working from reference
2. Eyes, eyes, eyes!
3. Nose, lips and ears
4. Tips for achieving symmetry
5. Creating emotion
6. How I draw faces (tips & tricks)
1. Introduction to watercolour
2. Letting watercolour control you, and learning how to control it
3. Creating texture
4. Blending, layering and achieving a smooth look
5. Building shadows
Colour, light and shade
1. Working in black and white
2. Working with a limited palette
3. Choosing a palette that works
4. Changing the mood with shading
5. Changing the mood with colour
Coming up with an idea
1. Brainstorming and thumbnailing
2. Coming up with an unique idea
3. Creating a character based on a simple idea
4. Combining contrasting themes
5. Tips for working through art block
Developing your style
1. Combining different inspirations
2. Art style exercises
3. Staying consistent but varied
4. How I developed my style
1. Choosing an idea
2. Letting your character emerge by themselves
4. Sketching out an idea and combining references
5. Prepping for painting
1. Using a detail brush
2. Gel pen 101
3. Various embellishments to give your painting another dimension
Using art as therapy
1. Let's tear a painting apart!
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
Hello! I'm likrot, a watercolour painter from Norway. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, and I'm excited to try my best to teach you everything I've learned so you can improve your work.