Skills You’ll Learn
Acquire Fundamental Observational Skills
Understand the Importance of Lines and Visual Weight
How to Pick and Use Colors
Create an Eye Catching Full Rendered Illustration From Start to Finish
This course will teach you to reference and apply everyday elements in life and use them as the foundational inspiration to create compelling characters with distinctive yet polished qualities. We'll also explore fashion design, color theory and some other key anatomic pointers of the male character.
- Gain an acute understanding of the correlation of the elements that encompass an aesthetic design and thus will be able to create stimulating characters.
- Create personalized and original characters with liveliness by applying details from your surroundings.
This Class Is For
- For beginner and intermediate artists who strive to create original characters and want to incorporate a fresh and interesting narrative into their design.
- You need to have your own 'ClipStudio' to take the class. For more information, please visit here.
- *Please Note: Students will have to purchase 'ClipStudio' application. It is not included in the course package.
Basic of the Basics
How I Approach the Male Character
Composition and Posing
Sketch to lineart
What is Color?
Clothes, What the Fold?
Character From Everyday Inspiration
Illustration, But For Real
My name is Kota, I'm a Chilean illustrator in love with design, dogs, videogames and ikemen.
My forte is character and clothing design. A designer by trade, 5 years ago (thanks to a mobile otome game) I decided I was better off drawing and making my four passions shine.