Skills You’ll Learn
Beginning Steps of Drawing
Learn how to come up with better notions of planning an illustration
Highlighting Key Areas
Learn how to make your lines look more vivid and interesting
Learn and understand the color harmony and simplified palettes
Finishing Touches of Your Work
Learning tips and tricks on rendering a finalized illustration
Learn the Entire Process of Anime Illustration from Start to Finish!
Create the most unique anime style of your own.
In this class, I'll be explaining how I work as a Digital Illustrator, including creating comics and illustrations using digital tools. We will cover sketching, line art, coloring and how to apply these skills and knowledge to comic pages to tell a story. Also, I'll go through the entire process of creating works and how I manage my own time to progress in detail.
• Paroro will guide you to overcome any obstacles and find your way of creating your own style of anime illustrations
• Learn Paroro's approach to lineart, character designing, digital coloring, and comic page making, and apply to your own.
This Class Is For
• This class is for anyone who struggles to learn more about digital art and comics. It's difficult to be an artist, and in the early stages we find lots of obstacles to overcome.
• This course will teach and guide you on how to effectively utilize different tools such as "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in Paint Tool SAI
• Paroro will help you adjust app settings to optimize your drawing experience. Please Note that the program is not included in the course package.
Create Your Webcomic: From Story Development to Publishing
By the end of this class, you'll hopefully be giving life to those ideas that have been put aside for the longest time and turning them into story-telling illustrations or even comic and manga style pages. This alongside a better understanding on usage of color and techniques.
1. Meet Your Instructor: Paroro
2. Introduction to the course
3. Introduction to the tools I use
Basics of planning an illustration idea
1. Inspiration and reference-seeking
2. Anatomy and figure basics
3. Basic composition planning
4. Base Sketch and warming up
Something about character designing
1. What to ask yourself about a character
2. Character archetypes and tropes
3. Shapes and creatures
4. Design key aspects and humanization
Setting the idea in stone, lineart
1. Basics of inking
2. Line value and Line Color
3. Hatching and Contrast
Bringing life, applying color
1. Choosing a palette
2. Base colors
3. Neutral-light shading
4. Neutral-light Highlights
Environment lighting and shading
1. Useful layer modes
2. Light sources
3. Color temperature
4. Integrating a character into a background
Late polishing and rendering
1. Focusing on focal points
2. Experimenting with filters
3. Final adjustments
Brief Overview of my Comic page style
1. Scripts and planning
2. Storyboard and thumbnails
3. Sketching and lineart
4. Coloring and text
Do's and dont's for a freelance artist
1. Why your art shouldn't depend on social media
2. How to manage time and why lists and sheets are your friends
1. Final impressions
Hi, my name is Maximiliano Cabrera, but I'm better known as Paroro on social media!
I'm a freelance artist from Chile. I'm mostly self-taught and I've been working as freelance Digital Illustrator for about 5 or 6 years now after escaping traditional office jobs for good. I've been drawing anime-inspired works since I was a kid, and I've been going through this journey from creating comics, giving classroom lessons, selling at conventions, printing fanzines, doing art commissions, commercial work, building a social media audience, and more.
I always try to learn a little something myself so then I can teach others. I know there are lots of artists out there with a similar background and I get asked often about how I've managed to push forward and be where I am now, so I'll be happy to help.