Skills You’ll Learn
Visualize Your Illustrations
Draft Your Idea: Choose the Right Lighting, Color and Atmosphere
Edit Details and Rendering
Add Unique Symbols to Make Your Illustrations Convey Intense Emotions
Ever wanted to make your illustration more vibrant? Are you eager to learn how to pick the right colors and lighting?
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
KRN.png hopes to show you different ways of making your illustrations look dark and emotional, even telling story without writing words. From sketching a composition, visual storytelling to details painting, KRN.png will show you how to create cool artworks with a dark style!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is for beginner and intermediate artists who wish to make their art convey more stories and emotions. Learn how to create wonderful illustrations without the lineart.
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
By the end of this class you will have a full understanding on visual storytelling. You will learn how to convey feelings & telling stories through your artworks and apply fundamentals of composition and perspective onto your art. Upon completion, you will have more techniques to develop your own illustrations.
1. Meet your instructor
2. Introduction to the course
3. Introduction to the editing tools and programs
Main Tool on Procreate and Clip Studio Paint
1. About the tool and brush settings
2. Select illustration size and DPI
3. Layer mode and how it works
Minimal Line Drawing
1. Basic anatomy
2. Details of human body parts
3. Head and skull
4. Hands and feet
1. Learn the basics of perspective
2. Design background in perspective
3. Draw a human figure in perspective
4. Overall composition
Lighting and Shadow
1. Light and shadows
2. Reflection of light
1. Color theory basics
2. Create your color palette
3. Color and atmosphere
Visualize Your Idea
1. Create concept of your illustrations
2. Main subject and background design
3. Find your project references
4. Drafting thumbnails for composition
5. Tell story with symbols
Final Touches to Finish Your Materpiece
1. Greyscale to color
2. Blending figures and subjects in with background
3. Learning where to focus details and rendering
4. Edit color to make your illustration stand out
1. How to deal with art block
2. Manage free tIme for drawing
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
I’m Mangkon, a self taught artist from Thailand. When I was a kid, I loved art and mysterious things that scare me. So I decided to start my art journey in the end of 2019 with Procreate on my IPad, and I shared` it on my social media in 2021. Even so, I used to draw faces and art that doesn't convey a lot of emotions mostly. However, I tried to break my limit and start to learn more about the perspective, human anatomy, color & lighting to develop my art. I was able to make my art more creative emotional and I eventually fell in love with the process. I’ve experimented a lot of painting techniques until I developed my own style.
I'm grateful that I will have the opportunity to share my process with all of you. I hope that through CLASS101, everyone has an opportunity to learn more about the endless possibilities and creativity in art!