Skills You’ll Learn
The Enamel Pin Making Process
Learn the essential steps of enamel pin making
Small Business Tips
Get to know some of Sam's tips and tricks
Finding a Factory to Work With
Sourcing a production partner
How to Quality Check Your Pins
Make sure everything looks good to go!
From conception to finish, learn how to design and create your own enamel pins with various effects and how they all translate from art to the final product! I will walk you through my complete process, how to prepare files for your factory, pick Pantone colors, and successfully make your first batch of enamel pins.
This Class Is For
Anyone interested in making their own enamel pins will benefit from this course. We will cover how to find a factory that works for you, as well as how to use various pin effects in your final product.
We will cover how to prepare the files for an enamel pin, how to convey to the manufacturer how you want your final product to look, including picking colors and effects, as well as what to look for when approving samples and quality checking your final products.
1. Meet Your Instructor
The Enamel Pin Making Process
1. The Anatomy of a Pin and How They Are Made
2. Tools I Use and How They Work
3. Size, Details, and Pin Effects for Your Design, Backstamps
4. Choosing Pantone Colors
Let’s Design a Pin Together
1. From Sketch to Final Linework
2. Coloring, Picking My Pantone Colors and Pin Effects, Variants (Rain and Shine?)
3. Different Pin Effect Video Examples
4. Cost estimates for different types of pins
Samples and Proofing
1. How to Send Your File to a Manufacturer
2. Samples, Turn Around Time
3. What to Look For While Proofing Your Design
4. Big Mistakes I Have Made During This Process
Business Tips and Growing Your Brand
1. Starting Out, Start Small and Work Your Way Up
2. Building Your Audience, Website, Marketing Your Products, Branding
3. Pricing Your Pins, How to Build a Trusting Relationship With Your Customers
4. How I Started to Make a Living Selling My Art, Where to Sell
Sourcing a Factory
1. What Is a Middle Man and How They Work
2. Pros and Cons of Working Direct With Factory or a Middle Man
3. Sourcing Your Own Factory on Alibaba
4. What to Ask/ Negotiate Before Placing Your Order, Safety Tips
Quality Checking and Factory Relationships
1. Preparing for Incoming Shipment of Pins- Business Cards, Tools, Etc.
2. Quality Checking - What to Look For
3. What to Do if You Get a Bad Batch, When to Complain and How It Is Handled
4. Importance of a Positive Relationship With Your Factory
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
Hello! My name is Sam and I run a small art business named Yozora Studios. I started making pins back in 2017 when I stumbled upon a pin someone had designed and posted on Instagram, I went out and bought an iPad and after much trial and error got to be where I am today. I’ve been making enamel pins and running my business full time for about 5 years now, it’s been a long journey and I’m here to share my knowledge along with things I wish I had known when starting out!