Skills You’ll Learn
How to Find a Suitable Supplier for You
How to Create Various Merch
How to Prepare Your Shop and Products for a Sale
This class will teach you the basics of merch making! I will teach you the process of choosing a suitable manufacturer for you, designing and making merch such as acrylic charms, enamel pins, stickers, all based on my own experience, and I will share with you tips that will avoid mistakes that I have made in the past!
This Class Is For
Starting a small business can be very intimidating! The first steps can be scary and confusing, but everyone starts somewhere! This class is open to anyone who wants to make merch, whether you want to make simple and casual merch or projects that are a bit more ambitious!
Through this class, I will teach you how to turn your art into real life products and how to make such designs with all the options that are available through various suppliers or tools! Students will learn the process of creating and improving their designs so that the finished product will look like what they had in mind!
1. Meet Your Instructor
2. Introduction to the Course
3. Introduction to the Program
1. How to Search on Alibaba, and Find a Suitable Supplier for You
2. How to Communicate With Your Supplier: Share Your Projects/Ideas to Them, Submit Files, Etc.
3. How to Identify Issues With Your Order, Communicate to Resolve Them, Etc.
Designing Merch, Assembling Ideas
1. Finding Inspiration While Avoiding Heavy Referencing/Copying
2. Brainstorming ideas
3. Cleaning up Sketches, and Getting Ready for a Final Design
1. Browsing Through Various Options That Can Be Offered by Sticker Suppliers, What to Do and Avoid for Your Design
2. Making Washi Tapes: How to Design and Prepare Files for Suppliers
3. Prints: How I Prepare Them
Acrylic Merch, Charms, or Standees
1. Creating a Design for an Acrylic Charm
2. Tips on Choosing Options That Will Suit Best Your Design
3. How to Design Standees From Simple to More Complex Designs
1. Basic Knowledge You Need to Create Enamel Pins
2. How to Pick Colors, to Stay the Closest to Your Original Design
3. Some Options That Can Be Added to Your Pins
4. Some Tips on Backing Cards/How to Grade/Assemble Pins
How to Make More Diverse Merch
1. How to Make Everyday Objects Into Personnalized Merch
2. Pros and Cons of “Unusual Merch”
3. How to Re Use Designs for Different Types of Merch, How to Edit Them
Setting up a Business
1. Explaining Pre-orders, Pros and Cons
2. How to Prepare a Shop Sale, My Best Tips
3. How to Promote Your Merch
4. How to Make Your Orders Feel More “Personalized”
“You’re Doing Amazing Sweetie!”
1. How to Deal With Disappointment and Learn From It
2. Handling a Shop Business/Artist Job Along With Other Activities (School, Small Jobs, Etc)
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course!
Hey hey ! I'm Milky and I am currently a full-time student in France !
I have been making merch ever since 2018, and have been growing a small business ever since ! I have been drawing for ages, ever since I could hold a pen, and I started getting very interested in merch making the day my parents offered me a button maker for my 16th birthday ! I have been making more and more merch through the years, such as buttons, acrylic charms, enamel pins, etc. and I plan on moving full-time once I finish my degree !
During those years, I had my fair share of mistakes and experience as a merch creator, and I will do my best to help you and share the tips that helped me the most !