Skills You’ll Learn
Basic Anatomy and Simplifying
The Importance and Unimportance of Details
Drawing Faces with a Balance of Stylization and Realism
Basics of Outfit/Skin Design
Familiarizing Different Materials and Different Ways to Color Them
Have you ever looked at a character portrait and thought—’Wow, I can’t take my eyes off it! How do I do that?’ and the aim of this class is to provide you with an insight as to what makes them compelling! Character prints are also some of the most popular staples in any artist’s table, whether it’s a convention or a digital print shop, so if you’d like to start selling yours then this class might be of help to you.
This Class Is For
This class is for any beginner to intermediate artists who would like to dabble in creating simple character portraits that they could sell as prints! I only have very few requirements and these are:
- Familiarity any digital painting software (Adobe Photoshop, ClipStudio Paint Pro/EX, Paint Tool Sai, etc) and their functions.
- Have basic drawing knowledge.
By the end of this course, I aim for the students to achieve basic knowledge in:
- Drawing faces
- How to render
It’s often an artist’s struggle to find their own style, so I hope that this will help.
1. Composing Your Portrait
2. Facial Proportions and Anatomy
3. Picking Your Colors and Rendering
1. Meet Your Instructor
2. Introduction to the Course
3. Introduction to the Program
1. Let’s Bring Your Characters to Life!
2. Establishing A Story: Quick Look Into Composition
3. References and Inspiration
4. A Crash Course in Outfit Design
Anatomy and Proportion
1. Intro to Anatomy: Figure Drawing
2. Drawing a Face
3. Drawing the Body
A Look Into Details
1. Adding Details
2. Drawing and Rendering Materials
3. Drawing and Rendering Clothes
Starting the Artwork
1. Preparing For Our Artwork
2. Sketching our Artwork
3. Cleaning Up The Sketch
1. Establishing the Base Colors and Light Source
2. Painting Skin and Hair
3. Painting the Clothes and Accessories
4. Cleaning Up Your Character
Backgrounds and Post Processing
1. Painting the Background
2. Post Processing
Marketing Your Thing, Self-Evaluation
1. Marketing Your Brand
2. Self-Evaluation, What Are the Steps I Want to Take To Make My Art Better
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
Hi, I’m Nikki! I work in the gaming industry as a 2D concept artist and illustrator, and have been for the past 6 years. I have a bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts and Advertising from the University of Santo Tomas here in the Philippines. While art is my main bread and butter, it is also my favorite hobby, and part of that hobby is learning new things on my own. I love creating fan art and drawing my OCs, and I have an INPRNT shop where I sell some of them. I’m hoping to share my knowledge and experience with you, and I hope you’ll find it useful to your artistic journey!