Skills You’ll Learn
Learn how to create a production for your song
Learn how to create and record melodies for your song
Learn how to find a concept and writing lyrics for the hook
Learn how to edit and tune your recorded vocals
Mixing and Mastering
Learn how to mix and master a full song to industry standards
Collaboration and Pitching Skills
Learn how to collaborate in the music industry with creatives and how to get your song placed with the right artist
Full Playlist Can Be Found HERE.
Hi CLASS101! We are Misha and Roulsen, a songwriting/producer team from the Netherlands. We have been traveling and working with artists all over the world, like Taeyeon, Taemin, Hyoyeon, Timmy Trumpet, Max Styler and many more. In this class, you will learn
- How we write and produce a K-Pop hitsong.
- Various skills like creating melodies, lyrical concepts, vocal recording, building a production, mixing and mastering.
- How producers and writers collaborate to finish a song.
- Tips & tricks to help you navigate in the music industry including pitching.
After taking this class, you will be equipped to complete a K-Pop hitsong. We can’t wait to start working with you!
Who Is This Class For
This class is a great guidance for starters, but also advanced songwriters and producers, who want to go the extra mile.
1. Meet Your Instructors
2. Set Your Goal
1. Introduction to the Course and Workflow
2. How to Collaborate
3. Gear and Software We Use
Starting a Song
1. Talk About Basic Terms Before Starting A Session
2. Set the Vibe and Tempo
3. Instrumental Hooks and Laying Down Chords
4. Arranging a Song
1. Recording Melodies
2. Building the Hook
3. Structuring Melodies for Other Parts of the Song
1. Finding a Concept and Lyrics for the Hook
2. Writing Lyrics for the Rest of the Song Part 1
3. Writing Lyrics for the Rest of the Song Part 2
Recording And Editing Vocals
1. Recording Lead Vocal, Harmonies and Adlibs Part.1
2. Recording Lead Vocal, Harmonies and Adlibs Part.2
3. Editing and Tuning using Melodyne
Finalizing The Production
1. How to Keep the Song Interesting
2. Chorus Production
3. Adding Production to the Rest of the Song
4. Finalizing the Production
Mixing and Polishing Your Song For Pitch
1. Mixing the Song
2. Prepare the Master
3. How To Pitch a Song to K-Pop Labels & Artists
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
MISHA & ROULSEN
Raised in Muscat (Oman) and The Netherlands, singer-songwriter, artist Marcia "MISHA" Sondeijker started writing in 2017. With more than 250 million streams and 520,000 copies (singles and albums) sold under her belt, she is known for writing for Kpop artists like TAEYEON ("INVU" #1 Worldwide iTunes Album with hit single "Weekend" that topped #3 on Billboard K-Pop Top 100 and stayed within Top 9 for 20 weeks). She also wrote "Let Me Take You There" for Max Styler ft. Laura White which topped the #1 US Dance Radio Airplay chart, #1 Most Played on SiriusXM Diplo’s Revolution, and #26 Billboard Dance Airplay Chart for 10 weeks with over 25 million streams worldwide.
Record producer / songwriter Roel 'Roulsen' Rats from the Netherlands, started his music career being part of the dj duo “Roul & Doors”. They performed all over the world including Sensation Taiwan 2013, Ushuaia ‘I Am Hardwell’ 2013-2015. Their song "Blackout" (Flamingo Records) was their career defining song. Roulsen had the pleasure of writing and producing songs for TAEMIN, Timmy Trumpet and others. Together, Marcia and Roel own TOUKAN RECORDS and TOUKAN PUBLISHING, where they develop rising artists.
They also penned for TAEMIN ("Strings" #1 in 41 countries, #6 Billboard Japan Hot Albums, #14 Billboard U.S. World Albums), and HYO ("Think About Me"), Eurovision Song Contest artists Sarah McTernan ("22"), Tamta ("Awake" EP), and Kristin Husøy ("Pray For Me" #1 on Norway iTunes Top Songs and #1 at Spotify Viral Norway), Red Velvet and TNT(Teenage In Times) (forthcoming).