Skills You’ll Learn
The basics of Sketch Up
You can learn basic controls, useful rubies, and efficient modeling know-how.
You can create realistic materials through the advanced material creation process.
Geometry can be used to make rugs, carpets, grass, etc.
Sketch Up Scene
Beginners can create simple yet high-quality scenes.
You can create more realistic, high-quality images with Photoshop.
This class introduces the technology and know-how of three programs used in architectural visualization work: SketchUp, V-Ray for SketchUp, and Photoshop. I omitted unnecessary elements for the work and packed the really important content in a compact manner.
This time <All About Architectural Visualization Part 1>In, we have prepared examples so that beginners can easily follow along. Even those who are frightened by the word “architectural visualization” can create their own high-quality work.
- You can learn the workflow of practitioners according to the roadmap of architectural visualization.
- You can quickly learn how to create realistic images.
- In the post-production stage, you can use Photoshop to improve the quality of the work.
- Those who are new to architectural design and have difficulty modeling and rendering
- Those who can do basic rendering but want to improve the quality
- Those who want to raise the level of work and make the space more attractive and appealing
- A high-spec PC is recommended.
- Please note that the class will be demonstrated based on Window OS, and the following program was used.
- SketchUp Pro 2021 (also available in the latest version)
- V-Ray For SketchUp 5.10.05 (Also available in the latest version.)
- Adobe Photoshop 2022 (It can also be used in previous versions.)
3 reasons why this class is special
❶ Know-how and efficient modeling using sketchup
Realistic modeling is a prerequisite for creating realistic images. We will introduce modeling tips, how to use Ruby, and tips for reducing the amount of sketchup work. In this Part 1 class, we want to create a simple scene rather than doing great modeling, and promote the motivation and confidence of all of our classmates to learn!
From the sketchup interface, basic operation methods to modeling tips, only the essential parts are packed in a compact manner. We'll also tell you about useful rubies and how to use them, so try modeling efficiently based on this know-how!
❷ The introduction to V-ray studies is complete!
From making materials to advanced processes that add a sense of reality
You'll learn about V-Ray Settings, Materials, Geometries, and more. I'll show you how to use it “as easy as possible” and “as simple as possible” and my know-how in detail. In particular, material creation is important enough to influence the quality of a render. Therefore, I will carefully introduce everything from basic material making to advanced processes that can add a sense of reality.
❸ Step-by-step learning process leading to Part 2
The Flower of Visualization Post-Production
Advanced post-production tasks for efficient step-by-step learning can be found in the Part 2 class (scheduled to launch in Class 101 in November '22)
Calling a specific course “required” for a job may be erroneous. However, personally, the post-production process using Photoshop is so important that I can say that it is essential. This work not only brings realism to the image, but also has functional advantages.
Unlike indoor perspective views, when working on exterior perspective maps of buildings, I stick to the method of completing a large number of parts in the post-production stage. This is good in terms of both work time and work efficiency. Rendering all of the elements will take more time to render. If there is a situation where corrections need to be made, the work time will increase even more, right?
However, if you increase the proportion of post-production stages, modifications are easier, and rendering time can be shortened. I hope all of my classmates will actively use Photoshop to improve the quality of their work!
* This is an image that will be produced in Part 2. (Designed by Ronenbekerman, Remade by manoamo)
I'm Manoamo, a freelance architectural designer.
There is a common dilemma experienced by people who are new to architectural design. I want to make my work more appealing, but I don't know how to do it. I wanted to create a class for people like this.
This class covered the usage and know-how of various programs used in architectural design, and the overall workflow of architectural visualization. All information on architectural visualization is divided into Part 1 and Part 2 for classmates' step-by-step strategic learning.
In the Part 1 class, we will focus on modeling and rendering SketchUp and V-Ray for beginners. In Part 2, I'll try to upload the quality of the work I've worked on in Photoshop. If you already know modeling and rendering, look forward to the Part 2 class, which opens in November 2022!
Based on knowledge in the field of architecture and interior architecture, we will help all participants in the class to create more realistic and high-quality images.
- Present) Head of G.L.C Interior Design Department
- 2021 LX Houses (formerly LG Houses) Interior Design Contest Encouragement Award
- 2021 Yonsei University Interior Architecture Graduation Exhibition Excellence Award
- Freelancing activities (space design and image production for sales purposes, outsourcing of design offices, etc.)