Skills You’ll Learn
Learn how color choices affect mood and meaning.
Camera Angle / Composition Combo
Combine visual aspects to emphasize character emotions and mindsets.
Lineless Art Style
Learn all about painting lineless drawings.
Practice viewing your illustration in silhouettes.
Create Organic Stories
Practice using yourself as a story and visual reference.
This course is all about visual narratives and how to incorporate meaningful storytelling into your illustration. We will explore and define your story’s foundation, then discover what visual aspects could drive home the heart of your story. From your sketch, lineart, colors, and lighting scheme – every step toward your final illustration will be an opportunity to power up your story’s impact with intention.
- Learn how a strong story foundation lets you tell emotionally-moving narratives while enjoying the illustration process – minus stressful guesswork.
- Live in a storyteller mindset to bring purpose to every step of your illustration.
- Challenge your vision with cinematic techniques to capture more dynamic, meaningful character experiences and interactions.
- Learn how real-life references and experiences help you relate and connect with your audience through art.
- Move on to the next story scene, or create a new adventure together!
This Class Is For
- Beginner to intermediate artists who want to level up their character drawings with storytelling elements.
- Artists who are searching for their unique style! Defining your storytelling style will naturally help you find your own artistic direction.
- Clip Studio Paint, Adobe Photoshop, and Procreate will be used in this class, but you can use different versions.
- For more information on Clip Studio Paint, visit here.
- For more information on Adobe Photoshop, visit here.
- For more information on Procreate, visit here.
- Students will have to purchase the digital drawing tool. It is not included in the course package.
Hi there! My name is Lauren, and I am an illustrator with love for character-driven storytelling.
I’ve been sharing my art on social media for a few years now and have discovered how fun it is to leave visual hints of personality or mood in aspects like color and lighting.
However, I also know how easy it is to get overwhelmed in the process. I’m excited to share techniques I’ve learned to stick with a solid story idea from beginning to end – this way, we can draw stress-free and share a good story with the world.