Illustrator Inhyuk Has Made the World His Stage
Hello, My name is Inhyuk Lee.
I am an illustrator, and the concept artist based in Seoul, South Korea. Since 2012, I've worked with Marvel, DC Comics, Boom! Studios, Dynamite, IDW, and other public publishers.
In this class, I would like to teach the basics of character illlustration, from the first sketch to the final finish, using digital techniques.
Re-building the Fundamentals of Drawing
For over a decade, I have been teaching students and I am well aware of the struggles they face when drawing a character. Many beginners believe that they need to fully understand the human anatomy to successfully draw a character; however, it is not true. In this class, you will be able to establish a solid understanding of the foundations of drawing.
The Importance of Understanding the Fundamentals
Every drawing begins with the simple understanding of the geometry shapes. From the shapes, we can construct human figures, animals, objects - in fact anything. Once you understand the basic principles you will be able to draw any complex figures.
In this class, I am going to teach you how to transform basic shapes into any 3D forms.
On to the Next Level : Color, Value & Light
After familiarizing yourself with the shapes, we will move on to learn how to add color, value & light to your illustration. Once learning these three elements, you'll see your illustration come alive.
This class will help you develop your own drawing style so that you can illustrate any styles without any boundaries.
Practice Makes Perfect
A lot of students have asked, "How can I improve on my art?" "What should I do to draw like you?"
The answer is very simple. "Practice."
No one can master in any skill within a second. It takes time and effort to draw so-called masterpiece. Regardless of your skill level, having a dedicated drawing practice is a key. In this class, I am going to encourage you to take as much as time to draw and make yourself feel more confident and prepared in drawing.
Hello, I'm InHyuk Lee.
1. Hello, I'm InHyuk Lee
2. [N/A for Global Users] Introducing the Coaching Pass
Prepare While Waiting for the Class to Open!
1. 30-Day Challenge: Draw a Figure Every Day
Preparing to Draw
1. The Mindset for Drawing
2. The Core Basics - Shape, Proportion, Symmetry, Slope
3. Pre-Chapter Figure Drawing Feedback
4. Learning the Basic Photoshop Tools
Geometric Figure Drawing
1. How Beginners Should Use Lines
2. How to Play With Lines (1)
3. How to Play With Lines (2)
4. Learning the Body's Shapes - Front View (Half-Side View)
5. Learning the Body's Shapes - Side View & Rear View
6. Learning Figure Variations Using Basic Shapes
Making Figure Drawings Three-Dimensional
1. The Flow of Light and Darkness, the Basic Process for Three-Dimensional Shading
2. Front-View Figure Drawing Three-Dimensionalization (1)
3. Front-View Figure Drawing Three-Dimensionalization (2)
4. Side-View Figure Drawing Three-Dimensionalization
5. Rear-View Figure Drawing Three-Dimensionalization
6. Basic Painting Through Figure Variation
Applying Figure Drawing - Pose Variations
1. How to Use and Train with References
2. Figure Drawing with Pose Variation Sketch
3. Creature Drawing with Pose Variation Sketch
4. Figure Drawing with Pose Variation Three-Dimensionalization (1)
5. Figure Drawing with Pose Variation Three-Dimensionalization (2)
6. Creature Drawing with Pose Variation Three-Dimensionalization (1)
7. Creature Drawing with Pose Variation Three-Dimensionalization (2)
1. The Shape and Proportions of the Face
2. Basic Structure of the Facial Features - Eyes & Nose
3. Basic Structure of the Facial Features - Mouth, Ears, & Outline
4. Sketching Various Face Shapes
5. Face Shape Three-Dimensionalization
6. Face Shape Three-Dimensionalization - Variation
Hands and Feet
1. Learning the Basic Structure of Hands and Feet
2. Basic Structure of Hands and Feet - Three-Dimensionalization
3. Basic Hand Structure - Advanced
4. Advanced Hand Structure - Three-Dimensionalization
5. Sketching Gloves with Basic Shapes
6. Sketching Shoes with Basic Shapes
7. Glove Three-Dimensionalization
8. Shoe Three-Dimensionalization
9. Shoes & Gloves Variation Tips
1. The Structure and Principles of Hair
2. Various Hair Shape Sketches
3. Three-Dimensionalization of Various Hair Shapes (1)
4. Three-Dimensionalization of Various Hair Shapes (2)
5. Three-Dimensionalized Hair Coloring Process
1. The Structure and Principles of Wrinkled Clothing
2. The Shape of Wrinkled Clothing (1)
3. The Shape of Wrinkled Clothing (2)
4. Basic Clothing Sketch
5. Basic Clothing Three-Dimensionalization
1. Making a Three-Dimensional Full-Body Character Source (1)
2. Making a Three-Dimensional Full-Body Character Source (2)
3. Adjusting the Colors of the Three-Dimensionalized Character (1)
4. Adjusting the Colors of the Three-Dimensionalized Character (2)
5. Basic Coloring Method
1. Full Body Three-Dimensionalization with Coloring (1)
2. Full Body Three-Dimensionalization with Coloring (2)
3. Finishing Up the Full-Body Character (1)
4. Finishing Up the Full-Body Character (2)
5. Using Layers to Add Colors
6. Using Layers to Add Colors - Adding Details
7. Wrapping Up Using Photoshop Filters
Congratulations on Completing the Course
1. I’ll See You in the Intermediate Course
• Illustrator/ Character Concept artist / Art class teacher.
• MARVEL, DC, Boom! studios, Dynamite Entertainment, IDW Publishing, Image comics
• XM studios, Cygames, DeNA, Applibot, Ateam Inc, Capcom, Fantasy Flight Games, 20th Century Studios, Lucas film, Sideshow, Queen studios
Hi! I’m Inhyuk Lee.
Since 2012, I’ve worked with Marvel, DC Comics, Boom! Studios, Dynamite, IDW, and other comic publishers.
Over the past decade, I’ve completed more than 300 cover arts, 100 game illustrations, while still working on other projects. I started my career in 2006 and worked in different countries such as Korea, United States, and the European region.
I often get questions asking why I’m teaching a beginner class with the expertise I have. It would’ve made more sense for me to teach at an advanced level. However, since I’ve been teaching for more than a decade, I believe I can share what I have learned over the years to those who are just starting out.
I continue to teach a beginner-level class because the fundamentals are extremely important when it comes to drawing. I was fortunate enough to strongly learn the basics, so I was able to begin my journey as an illustrator with the knowledge I’ve gained.
I can’t emphasize enough that learning the very basics is essential, especially when it comes to learning the art for the first time. My goal by the end of this class is for students to comfortably and skillfully illustrate on their own.
What’s difficult is not learning the basics, but more so practicing and making it your own. I will help navigate your journey in becoming an illustrator. It may be tough, but will be highly rewarding!
Throughout this class, I will help you understand important principles of illustration and advance your art skills. By the end, you will be able to comfortably illustrate on your own!