Skills You’ll Learn
All about portraits
Basics of drawing portraits that are fun and easy to learn
Drawing detailed and mature looks
Techniques that will allow you to draw portraits without a photo reference
The basics of drawing the face
Learn about facial proportions, structure, contrast, and more
Adding charm and detail
Learn about adding makeup, natural-looking hair, features to the neck, etc.
Zipcy will teach you the basics of drawing portraits that are fun and easy to learn. This class will go over the fundamentals of drawing portraits, and you will accomplish this by practicing front-face portraits. Zipcy will guide you step by step with unique know-hows Zipcy has gained as an artist for over 10 years of experience.
- Learn an advanced technique that will allow you to draw mesmerizing portraits without a photo reference
- Learn about facial proportions, structure, contrast, and more
- Learn about adding makeup, natural-looking hair, features to the neck, etc.
This Class Is For
- For those who struggle to draw people
- Aspiring artists whp want to draw realistic and captivating facial features
- Anyone who knows how to draw people, but feel like they’re lacking somehow
- People who want quick ways to draw portraits
Hello, this is illustrator Zipcy
1. Introducing "Creating Portraits in pencil"
2. WELCOME This is Illustrator Zipcy
3. Let's go over the supplies
4. Let's draw the BEFORE picture
Decent Drawing of Face Even When Drawn Hastily
1. The structure and ratio of the front face
2. 'Where' the features are placed - Safe position of eyes, nose, and mouth
3. Musculoskeletal system of the face
4. The importance of facial contour - How to make a pretty outline
Eyebrow That Determine Your Impression
1. Eyebrows can determine a person’s impression
2. The 'Angle' Determines The Expression
The 'Eye' That Creates The Mood
1. Basic Structure and Shape of Eyes
2. Attractive Eyes and Pupil Made by Angles
3. Double eyelids and lower eyelids
4. The 'eye' that governs the mood - How to control the mood
Natural and pretty 'nose'
1. Structure of the nose is actually simple
2. How to draw nostrils beautifully
3. Different nostrils change impressions
4. How to draw a nose bridge
5. Mistakes you must avoid
Philtrum and lips
1. Simple structure of lips
2. Size and thickness of the lips
3. How to draw a natural-looking philtrum
Naturally shiny hair
1. Naturally shiny hair - The importance of the part
2. Naturally shiny hair - How to draw the lines
3. To get natural volume from highlight and darkness
4. How to draw short blond hair
5. To portray wavy hair
Makeup techniques that can look natural or sexy
1. How to easily blend with auxiliary tools
2. How to draw eye makeup using only pencils and tools
3. Lip makeup that affects the mood
4. Technique to contour the outlines
Lighting is the core of charming atmosphere
1. Lighting is the core of charming atmosphere - various vibes determined by the light and shade!
2. Frontal light that creates a mood that helps concentrate on the subject.
3. Calm, subtle lighting, how to draw with lateral lights!
Let’s try drawing a face filled with your own preferences + Tips for posting on SNS
1. A demo from the start to the end of drawings!
2. Let’s try drawing a face filled with your own preferences + Tips for posting on SNS
3. Comparing before taking lessons vs completing lessons - before vs after drawings
A demo of the highly requested character coloring + How to draw male and female full-body ratio
1. How to draw male and female full-body ratio
2. A demo of the highly requested character coloring.
3. A Q&A session by compiling the most frequently asked questions!
Congratulations on finishing “Drawing Portraits with Illustrator Zipcy”! + Assignment Guide Book (Mission Book)
1. Congratulations on finishing “Drawing Portraits with Illustrator Zipcy”!
A freelance illustrator with ten years of experience, author, and illustrator. Hi! My name is Zipcy :)
In 2019, I made a "Learn How to Create Captivating Portraits with Zipcy" class and receive a lot of love! Thanks to your support, I'm having an iPad class with more upgraded portrait drawings, the colored know-how, and post-correction tips! In 2019, I traveled around the world for a year, and the iPad able me to work on portraits of people I've met on the roads, movies, films, dramas, and a variety of publishers while traveling! Even further, I could do work on freelancing on the road! My portraits now have more voluminous and can be more fun to paint with the iPad.
I want to share a valuable and variety of know-how with you throughout the class.