Skills You’ll Learn
Learn how to plan and gather ideas to create your original art.
How to Build Your Art Style
Learn how to build and develop your unique art style.
Coloring and Shading
Improve your skills on line-art, and learn about coloring and shading.
Animate Your Art
Learn how to turn your art into an animation and make you art come live!
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Do you love creating cute art and sharing them with others? Have you ever thought about bringing life to your artworks and characters? I would love to share my skills and teach you how to draw and animate your characters in the easiest way!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is for anyone who loves kawaii things, especially animals and cute food objects! From learning more about shapes, line-art, and colors, this class is for someone who loves bringing life to their original characters through illustration and animation!
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
By the end of this class, you will learn more about how to develop an original character and design. I would like to go through some key elements of forming an artwork with a warm and bubbly vibe. I will also go through some animation principles to help you to make your characters become much more lively! Upon completion, you will have created a collection of cute characters and even your own animation.
1. Meet Your Instructor - Skyee
2. Introduction to the course
Learning about procreate
1. Setting your workspace with useful functions
2. Starting with Layer modes and choosing brushes
Finding references and inspiration
1. Brainstorming, finding references, and building ideas
2. Making your mood board
What's required in "cute illustrations"?
1. Proportions and elements
2. Food and Drinks
3. Animals and original characters
4. Drawing model sheet
5. Creating a facial expression sheet
Develop a color palette
1. Setting the moods with colors
2. Finding a inspiration for your color palette
3. Applying different color palettes to maximize cuteness
Rendering your illustrations
1. Line-art : using line-weights and colors
2. Line-less art: using shapes
3. Mastering various lighting methods
4. Shading your illustration based on the light source
Applying your knowledge
1. Collecting ideas and planning
2. Line-art: From sketching to cleaning up
3. Coloring and shading
4. Finalizing your work with finishing touches
1. Introduction of principles of animation
2. Planning your animation
3. Creating a simple gif
4. Animating cute elements
Bonus: Get to know Adobe After Effects
1. More tips and tricks: Some useful skills in After Effects
1. Congratulations on completing the course: What's next?
My name is Skyee and I started drawing cute characters when I was 6. I work as an animator now and I really enjoy drawing in general, especially cute characters including animals and food objects. It is so much fun to animate my artworks to make them come to life! I want to create a dreamy place and hope that my art and guidance can bring happiness to others!