Skills You’ll Learn
Seeing Objects in 3D
Learn how to see objects in three dimensional
Drawing with Inks
Practice and get used to draw with inks
Mastering Your Subject Matter
Master the subject and draw in detail
Shadows and Light with Watercolor
Learn all about lighting and shading with watercolor
CYMK Color Method
Learn the color theory and get used to CYMK color method
Composing a Illustration
Combine all the techniques and finalize the illustration
This course is about drawing with ink and watercolor - using pen, felt pen, brush pen, and dip brushes. Working directly with ink requires building up your confidence and training to visualize your drawings before placing a stroke down on paper. We will be exploring and familiarizing ink as a medium, and working on the very basics of drawing to build a foundation — line weight, drawing basic shapes and volumes, understanding perspective— and gradually work towards being able to visualize any object in three dimensions.
- Skip the pencil sketch, and jump straight to ink.
- Start portraying the breathing scenery and people in your life, or capturing your imagination on the paper with more confidence, completing a fully finished illustration.
- Build your visual library and apply it to draw with ink from the start, using your visualization skills and imagination.
- After practicing drawing a real-life object, start rotating those in your head without even touching them. (We will go from simple objects to complicated ones)
- Able to plan out, compose, and finish a traditional illustration using ink and watercolor.
This Class Is For
- Beginners to intermediate artists who would like to sharpen their fundamental drawing skills to master ink and watercolor.
- Who desire to shift from realistic to imaginative drawing.
- Below tools will be used during the class. You can also order the All-in-one package to elevate the learning experience. (The tools are picked by the creator for you)
- Kuretake Bimoji Brush Pen, Extra Fine, Fine, Medium, Broad, Medium/Bristles, Value Set of 5 / 1EA
- Kuretake GANSAI TAMBI Watercolor 24 Colors Set, Handcrafted, Professional-Quality Pigment Inks for Artists and Crafters, AP-Certified, Blendable, Show up on Dark Papers, Made in Japan / 1EA
- Canson XL Aquarelle Watercolor Painting Book, 9" x 12", 30 Sheets / 1EA
- Cergio Media Pad 200g A4 20 sheet / 3EA
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush Assorted Tips, 4 Pack Carded (FRHBP4M) / 1EA
- Pentel Arts Portable Pocket Brush Pen (Medium Point), 1Pen & 2Refills / 1EA
| 🛎 KIT FAQ |
Q. How does the shipping process work?
A. The kit will be shipped out within 24 hours after your order got confirmed, and there will be a cancellation fee or change from this point on. Each kit has a different delivery courier, so you cannot request a specific carrior or delivery date.
Q. What can I do for a damaged kit?
A. We are keeping our products at the best quality possible, but if you received a damaged kit, you can contact the Help center for replacement or refund within a month from the date of your receipt. We cannot accept returns or exchanges without prior notice.
Q. Can I change my shipping address?
A. You can change your shipping address by contacting CLASS101 Help Center.
**Note: Changes are ONLY possible for orders that haven’t entered the shipping process.
**Please triple check your shipping address
If your order is already shipped out, you CANNOT change your shipping address at the moment.
Q. How long does it take to receive my kit?
A. It usually takes about 2 weeks after your order is shipped out. You will also get a notification email where you can check your tracking number for the detailed delivery status of your order. If you still have concerns you can contact CLASS101 Help Center.
Q. What if my kit was delivered to the wrong address?
A. You can contact CLASS101 Help Center to request a “Change of address”.
**Note: There will be an additional shipping charge for this process.
Visualizing in 3D
Drawing in Ink
Expanding Your Visual Library
Shadows and Light with Watercolor
CMYK Color Method
Posing and Perspective
Composing an Illustration
My name is Bryce Kho and I am an Illustrator and Character Designer. A lot of my most recent work has been for video games, including titles such as Sea of Stars, The Messenger, and Aegis Defenders, but I’ve also shown a good deal of my personal work at galleries such as Nucleus, Qpop, and Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. As someone who didn’t originally plan on being an artist professionally, I’ve accumulated a lot of my skills over time as a hobby and am excited to share this knowledge with others.
Q: How did you first start doing what you do?
After finishing my first video game, Aegis Defenders, and after more than four years of hard work, I was given something I hadn’t had since childhood— free time to simply draw for myself. I started posting more of my work on Instagram and was delighted to find myself slowly building up a strong enough following that I could continue to draw whatever I wanted and still maintain a decent income. Now, I work part time as a freelance illustrator but still have enough free time to pursue my own personal projects.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Starting from Nov. 1, 2021, feedback will not be provided on a comment/mission basis. This is to ensure that the Creator is able to manage the Class in a healthy and sustainable manner. In the aggregate, however, you will still be getting the kind of input that would take your art-making skills to the next level, as CLASS101 will also be working closely with the Creator to experiment with and offer alternative forms of feedback