Skills You’ll Learn
The basics of pixel art
Build basic skills with just a mouse
Various texture expressions
How to draw multiple textures
About the class
Hallo I'm Yu Jeong-seok currently working as a pixel art game graphic designer for the indie game team. I studied pixel art on my own for about 5 years and taught offline at a game academy. Through this, I know where beginners struggle or make a lot of mistakes, so I can help them a lot.
Through the know-how I have built up as a pixel art designer, I have prepared a customized course for beginners so that you can easily follow pixel art without thinking too hard, with the goal of building a solid foundation so that you can create the work you want on your own. Through this class, I will not just follow along, but take you to the stage where you can find your own style and work. If you spend enough time practicing the basic techniques I'll teach you, you'll be able to fully digest any style.
- You can set the installation method and usage environment for Aseprite, a tool for pixel art drawing.
- You'll learn how to create a canvas and the most basic tools to get started.
- You can draw simple rectangular and cylindrical shapes using shape tools.
- Learn how to add color and texture using brush, paint, and eyedropper tools.
- People who are interested in pixel art
- Those who are worried because it seems difficult to draw
- Those who want to learn drawing but are burdened by purchasing a tablet
- Those who want to change a different style of work with dots
- People who like dot games
What makes this class special
❶ The world of dots expressed using only Aseprite and the mouse
In this class, we'll only use a paid program called Aseprite and a mouse. If you are comfortable with a tablet, you can use a tablet, but it's not necessary, so anyone can get started right away without burdensome expenses. Aseprite is a program dedicated to pixel art and has an intuitive interface. I'll share the efficient work methods and know-how I use.
❷ Strong and specific basic learning methods
There are many styles of pixel art. This style was divided by differences in resolution as computer capacity developed. In this class, you'll learn solid basic skills to master many styles. I'll teach you how to quickly and effectively do pixel art by learning basic techniques.
A world of infinite dots
The first step in pixel art
Hallo I'm Yu Jeong-seok, a graphic designer for pixel art and games. With 5 years of experience in pixel art production and teaching, I teach classes that you can understand even if you don't know painting at all. We will find the strengths of each student through the experience of creating various painting styles and help them create the desired style of pixel art.
As an Asprite program expert, I'll show you my own way to easily create without using complicated features. The classes are organized so that even first-time users can easily create the pixel art they want.